I've been dying to explore more of Oregon lately so this was the perfect trip. We both mean to get out more and explore, but work and life always seem to get in the way. For the past few weeks I've been glued to the couch sick, so getting out was so needed. We took both the dogs, as usual, and headed East. The drive out to the Painted Hills is really cool and you go through just about every type of terrain; from evergreen trees, to snowy mountain views, to bright red soil brushed hills. My favorite part of the Painted Hills is the color variations. How perfect is that reverse ombre hill shown above!? That pinkish mauve soil might be my new favorite color.
What I like to keep in my bag...
- Aesop Aromatique Hand Balm -- although a bit on the pricey side, so worth it during these winter months. The smell is amazing and very calming.
- Rose lip balm from Herbivore Botanicals -- my favorite lip balm out there.
- A notebook -- always jotting down to-do lists and ideas
- Brass key hook c/o Joshu + Vela -- functionality meets beautiful design.
- Vintage scrimshaw swiss army knife
- NARS lip stick -- I've had this one forever, and actually thinking about it I should probably replace it... but, I love the color.
- ASOS sunglasses
- Kate Spade Saturdays Wallet -- I scored this one on Ebay, and I really love it!
- Essential oil concoction -- a mixture of peppermint, rosemary, clary sage, lavender, jojoba oil and vitamin E oil that I like to rub on my temples or neck whenever I have a headache or feel stressed
- Barr & Co -- one of my favorite smells. I enjoy warm, sweet-but-not-too-sweet, soothing smells. This one has hints of vanilla, oatmeal, oatmeal vetiver, and sweet nectar and always makes me feel warm and cozy.
- BAGUU leather purse -- I'm giving the oversized purses a rest and sticking to this smaller one, which helps me be a bit more organized.
Nothing calms my stress more than moving around furniture, redecorating, and styling. Good thing it's part of my job, because I love it oh. so. much. Recently, I've been drawn to deep browns, soft greens, and dramatic dark colors.